Aegean Airlines

Aegean Airlines
Click the image above to visit the official Aegean Airlines website.

Thursday, 27 February 2014

Aegean Airlines

The company I have been assigned is Aegean Airlines,the largest national airline in Greece. It is situated in Greece's capital, Athens, and was founded in 1987. It has since been awarded many  prestigious awards, including Best Regional Airline in Europe last year (2013). 

Aegean Airlines is part of the Star Alliance, the highest leading global airline alliance with the most number of participating airlines. You can find out more about Star Alliance on its website here: http://www.staralliance.com/

I have to admit, I found it slightly daunting to be assigned such a successful company in a country so far away. Especially since all it's data is represented in a different currency that I've never worked with before. I won't even pretend that I understand the conversion between Euros and Australian dollars without the help of a converter. But some of this fear drained away after looking over the website. I greatly appreciating how organised and easy to navigate the website is, making any information I require fairly simple to find. I am keeping a positive outlook and hope to use the knowledge I gain about accounting from this course to further understand this company.

Company website: http://en.aegeanair.com/




7 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Your company looks excellent, you have definitely made them seem outstanding.
    Check out my blog and company at http://kjsellar.blogspot.com.au/.
    They also have Euros as there currency, so I know how you feel.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrine, I will definitely have a look at your blog. It's great to know someone else knows how I feel with the Euros issue :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    Your company seems pretty interesting, have fun with the Euros issue!
    Don't worry I think most companies that have been given out are not in Australia.
    Mines Geely Automobile, its in China. Check out my blog http://geelyautomobile-clm.blogspot.com.au/

    Have a great day!
    Chantele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantele, it's good to know I'm not the only one with a company in a foreign country. I'll definitely take a look at your blog :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Sarah,

    Your blog is looking great. I like how you've posted a lot of information about your given company. Even though my company is not an airline, it's still good to have a look around and have a clear outline of how all of the other companies/industries in the world are performing. Also, your presentation is great. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Gemma. I actually really love your blog, it's one of my top 3 favourites :D

      Delete
  4. You're welcome! Aw, thank you. I'm glad you like it! :D

    ReplyDelete